Thursday 18 April 2013

Module 1 Part 3 Campus session

I spent yesterday at university at the 3rd campus session. In conversation with Alan we covered all of the 3rd lots of tasks and how to approach the 750 word essay. I can safely say i feel a hell of a lot better now.

We started out our conversation by talking about my background in my professional practise and how i came to get into the professional industry. It was very apparent to Alan that myself broke the barriers within the family, my Grandma had her own catering business and inspected schools, my mum has recently retired as a ward sister and my cousin is newly qualified as a paramedic. Me...... i am a dancer/ performer. Where did that come from.... i broke the convention of a normal day job, i preferred the idea of enjoying my life, no desks and a stage instead.

Alan asked me where my inspiration came from, i could answer this, however that was just one occasion and one teacher, but surly she didn't do all the work, something in my past must have pushed me that extra bit further. Where has that energy come from? did those experiences over the years make me what i am today? i need to explore this further, as this is my professional practise and as Alan and i said i owe it to the professional practise. 

Where have i come from?
Why am i here?
What is my story?
Where am i now?

All of these questions spring to mind, and if your reading this could you answer truthfully about your professional practise. 

We discussed people i admire the most, and by looking at them from a far do we reckon that they are happy with their professional lives? 

Moving on;

We then spoke about the 3rd lot of tasks. We discussed current networks and how i use them. Obviously i use them on a daily basis which we take for granted. Myself i use them in a way of promotion, information and many other ways. I am yet to read the 3rd reader in detail, so i can pass comment.

We followed on by talking over the 5 theory's and the world of networking. The theory i found the most interesting was communities of practise, however this may change once it has been read in detail. This theory made you think what are the conventions?

We finished off by talking about the 750 word essay and what 2/3 things i will be writing about, and what impacts me and my professional practise the most. Out of this module for myself it has to be getting to grips with professional networking and reflecting on my professional practise.

Overall i though the day was most helpful and i like i said i advise all of you to join in on skype sessions with Adeshola and campus sessions when possible.






1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have made the campus session... sometimes its nice to have a face to face conversation with somebody!

    ReplyDelete